I am attorney John Smoot. From my office in Yuma, Arizona, I defend people who are charged with all types of offenses. I represent Arizona residents, non-Arizona residents who have been arrested in Arizona, green card holders and others.
Initial consultation: Please complete this online contact form to reach my law office and discuss your situation.
Se habla español: Si usted ha sido acusado de algún delito por favor llámeme. Soy un abogado enfocado en defensa penal (criminal) y represento a pesonas acusadas de todo tipo de delitos.
Criminal Defense Representation
- DUI/drunk driving — I defend people charged with misdemeanor and felony drunk driving in Arizona. I can fight to challenge the evidence against you and work toward a favorable outcome.
- Drug charges — I represent people charged with drug possession, sales, manufacturing and other crimes. If you are not an Arizona resident but were arrested in Arizona, I can help you. Many drug-related arrests result from Arizona's border checkpoints, and I know how to handle these cases.
- Domestic violence — A domestic violence conviction can have many effects, including deportation, loss of child custody rights and jail time. Talk to me to learn about your options, whether you are a U.S. or non-U.S. citizen.
- Theft/shoplifting — A theft charge can lead to serious consequences in Arizona, especially if you are a green card holder. I work to protect the rights and future of people accused of shoplifting and other property crimes.
- Robbery charges — You have a right to a strong legal defense against a robbery charge. Allow me to fight for a positive outcome in your case.
- Assault charges — Being convicted of assault or another violent crime can affect a person's life for years. When you contact me, we can discuss an effective defense strategy for protecting your future.
- Juvenile defense — If your child has been charged with a crime, contact my office today to learn about the available legal options. I can help minimize the negative effects of a juvenile charge.
Immigration Consequences: What Happens When You Are Convicted Of A Crime
If you are a green card holder and you are charged with a crime, you should talk to a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The crime you are charged with may be a deportable offense, and you may be required to leave the United States. However, you may have legal options that could allow you to remain in the U.S. As a criminal defense and immigration attorney, I can help you explore those options.
Find out more about criminal convictions and the immigration consequences that may result.
Charged With A Crime? Contact Me As Soon As Possible.
To schedule an initial consultation at my law office in Yuma, please call 814-687-9101.