Charged With A Crime In The United States? Talk To An Immigration Lawyer Immediately.

Being charged with a crime is something to take very seriously — especially if you are not a U.S. citizen. Crimes ranging from felony drunk driving to drug possession are deportable offenses. This means that if you are convicted of a crime, you may be deported.

I am criminal defense and immigration attorney John Smoot. If you have been charged with a crime in the U.S., please contact my law office immediately.

Free consultation: Fill out this online contact form to reach my office in Yuma, Arizona.

Se habla español: Soy un abogado bilingüe. Yo represento a pesonas acusadas de todo tipo de delitos. Si usted ha sido acusado de un crimen en los Estados Unidos, por favor póngase en contacto conmigo tan pronto como sea posible.

Deportable Offenses

If you are convicted of certain offenses in the United States, you may be required to leave. These offenses may include:

  • Drug possession and other drug crimes
  • Shoplifting and other theft crimes
  • Spousal abuse or domestic violence
  • Immigration fraud
  • Assault
  • Robbery
  • Sex crimes
  • Murder
  • Felony DUI (drunk driving with a passenger who is 15 years of age or younger, drunk driving while license is suspended, drunk driving while an ignition interlock device is installed in your car, or having two DUI convictions within seven years of being charged with a third)

As you can see, being charged with a crime as a non-U.S. citizen is an extremely serious matter. You should immediately talk to a lawyer who can help you with both sides of your case — the criminal side and the immigration side.

Contact Me As Soon As Possible

The earlier you contact me, the more options you may have. Please call my law office at 814-687-9101 to schedule a free consultation.